World Records at Lausitzring
DATE: This year the world record weekend will take place from 26. to 28. July 2013.
We welcome your donation:
The test track Lausitzring: The perfect environment for human powered world speed records
Since 2009 the HPV Deutschland e.V. has the possibility using a test track for riding world records with HPV’s. The DEKRA e.V. is the owner of a huge test track area which is situated in the Niederlausitz next to Klettwitz, located 55 km north of Dresden and 150 km south-east of Berlin.
The 5.8 km long track offers ideal conditions for riding world records due to its layout: two curves and two straights and its flatness. The test track opened in 2000 which means that the surface is in a very good condition. Altogether, over 10 European- and World records (from 200m to 24 h) were ridden on the track till 2011.
Planning to ride a world record
application process via HPV Deutschland e.V.
In general riding a world record must be understood as a serious event and not as an inflationary attempt. This specifically means that only serious applications will find consideration. Wanting to use the test track and planning to ride a world record attempt means that several conditions and rules of procedures in connection to the event have to be observed and accepted.
Due to several costs (travelling and accomodation) for the observers and other helping HPV members the HPV Germany e.V. appreciates donations (see application form 2).
Applicants must keep the following points in mind:
The application process has two steps:
Step 1: First dead line for an application is always in the beginning of each year in March for attempts in (late)summer. Fill in application form no. 1. ,
Send this form to all of the following mentioned observers by mail::
You’ll receive an answer whether planned date is possible or not and, if not, an alternative date.
Necessary information for applicants:
- A supporting team is required for every attempt,
- Riding is only allowed with legal bike helmet with international testing EN certificate
- Riding a record attempt is always taking place at your own risk
- Information in which national HPV club, itself required to be a member of the WHPVA, you are a member
Der HPV e.V. and DEKRA e.V. provide the following organizational steps:
- Arrangement of qualified observers from several European countries,
- Arrangement of time record system,
- Professional clearing in advance and after a successful record with the following HPV important organisations, as:
- WHPVA (World Human Powered Vehicles Association, www.whpva.org),
- UMCA (Ultra Marathon Cycling Association, www.ultracycling.com): Reglement (www.ultracycling.com/sections/records)
- WRRA –World Recumbent Racing Association: Reglement www.recumbents.com/wrra/rules.htm.
- Safety on test track and environment
Each observer has to be a member of an HPV Club. This permission allows the acceptance of possible new world records through the WHPVA. Our specialists have an international background and therefore a lot of experiences in riding races as well as long distance rides.
Main Observers HPV Deutschland e.V. are: Thomas Wolf und Christoph Hipp
Other observers (Stand 2009-2011):
Gerard Arends (NVHPV), Bernhard Böhler, Carsten Böttcher, Marco Borghetti (PH Italia), Patrick Flé, Felix Hertlein, Joachim Janssen, Rolf Küppers, Elmar Maier, Roland Peters, Heike Bunte sowie Knud Jahnke, der für den HPV Deutschland WHPVA-Beauftragter ist. Das Observer-Team wird sukzessive ausgebaut und angelernt.
Your Team Lausitzring/HPV Deutschland e.V.
Thomas Wolf, Christoph Hipp und Heike Bunte